Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This was my Tuesday...

Mostly rested from a good night's sleep I awoke with anticipation to slip into my fantastic white blazer with my black skinnies and pumps and straighten my hair in the "can't go wrong" style, and head to work on time and on the ball.
All of the above happened as planned except for I almost went to work with 2 different shoes on. I tried on my black pumps and taupe pumps to compare and ask for feedback and in an effort to get out the door I forgot to change my shoe. After I put myself completely together and Bonnie left with a short " I'll see ya there." I walked confidently out to my car.
eh.
wait.
OH SHOOT. Really?
I parked in the handicap stall last night as I occasionally have before and as everyone else does and was the result of the random tow patrol.
Oh shoot.
ringing Bonnie.
Mere: "Hiiiii. Can you come pick me up?"
Bonnie: "Why?" kind of pet-peeved.
Mere: "Because my car's not where I parked it. "
Bonnie: "Well, are you sure it's not where you parked it, do you know where you parked it?"
Mere: "Yeah. I parked in the handicap stall."
Bonnie: "Oh. Okay, well you're car's not there because it got TOWED because you parked in the handicap stall. "
Mere: "Yeah."
Bonnie: "Well, I just picked up Swathi, so I will come pick you up. "
Mere: "okay, thanks."

Mere starts hiking to the entrance, in matching shoes of course, as Bonnie pulls in and stops.
She was sympathetic at this point. Or trying to be.
Bonnie: "shoot, sorry about your car" (inside she is thinking: Mere, not the smartest decision in the world. She was definitely pet-peeved at this point, but trying to hide it, and doing a good job.)
Mere: "Thanks for coming to pick me up."
Bonnie: "You know the tow truck's going to be over $100, right?!"
Don't worry, she's not heartless.
Mere: "Yeah, I know. Do you know who I can call about this?"
Bonnie: "I don't know. I don't have the HOA number in my phone. It's on my bill at home, but by the time we go home to get it, the HOA will probably not be answering their phones. Let's google it when we get to work. "
Mere: "hmm... would Naarah have it?"
Bonnie: "yeah. do you have her number?"
Mere: "Yeah. I'll text her. "

So, business as usual. Bonnie doesn't stop by like she usually does, which means meetings, meetings, and more meetings, which equals stress, over-extraversion, which equals grumpy assertiveness and orneryness, which she does a good job at hiding.

Five O-Clock rolls around.

**Bonnie's Disclaimer: "I had an extremely intense day. And it's five o-clock."

Walking down the corridor...

Bonnie: "so where's your car at?"
Mere: "oh, it's in South Provo, East Bay"
Bonnie looks at Mere with a 'you have GOT to be kidding me' and rolls her eyes.
Mere: "I know."
Bonnie: "Well! My run is totally shot today, and I 'm feeling fat, and I am muffin-topping in these pants, and tell me how much you love me and maybe I'll drive you down to South Provo."
Mere: "Wait. Aren't you supposed to tell me how much you love me and that you will drive me down to Provo?"
Bonnie ignores the question
Mere: "well, maybe I could get someone from my family to drive me down."
Bonnie: "No, I'll just drive you down, but we have leave RIGHT NOW, I have an appt at 6:30 and in order to make it to that, 20 minutes down, 20 minutes up, we got leave to leave right now because then I have the dinner with Naarah at seven, and I really hope they're on time with this interview thing."
Mere: "Okay, well I guess I'll go pickup my car and drive back here to finish my work for the day"
Bonnie: "okay, well what do you have to do?"
Mere: "I have to deposit these checks, the rest can wait for tomorrow"
Bonnie: "okay, well, how long is it going to take?"
Mere: "it usually takes me 6 minutes."
Bonnie: "Okay well, just do it now. I can wait 6 minutes" Bonnie calmly walks away (as she usually does when she is done with a conversation-she's an ISTJ)
Mere: "okay, i'll come get you when I'm done" (Meredith longingly and lovingly calls down the hall. She's an ENFP)
Mere. Shows up at Bonnie's desk in 6 minutes. She is finishing an impromptu meeting with Brett Beers, which she HATES impromptu meetings (because she's an ISTJ), and is laser point focused on her screen.
Bonnie: "Okay, I just got to send this email. "
Mere: sigh. relaxes in the chair and lets her legs fall open totally unladylike. But only for a moment until she hops up to finish one thing for her boss before Bonnie is ready to go.

We drive down to the tow shop. I hop out and walk across the gravel in my pumps and blazer to meet two 16 yr olds in their tow truck with their cigarettes waiting to collect my money. Borderline humiliating and totally merciless.

2 comments:

Rosey said...

happy wednesday?

I hope you are having a much better day today, no towing, no mismatching shoes, no pet-peeving your roommate...

love you.

Jules said...

Mere, Mere, Mere...love you, but please obey the rules!