Monday, May 9, 2011

This week was a really good week. I cam back refreshed and ready to go from the weekend and grateful to be back at work. I rocked my outfit on Monday and walked cpnfidently through the office having let go of any expectations of boys paying attention and just got down to business. The result: the cute boys were extra friendly and flirtatious. What?! The less energy I put in to impressing them and drawing them in, the more they come around. What is this?
I am learning to balance putting my pharemones out there while simultaneously moving on with living my life.
Monday out of the blue, my buddy Mark sticks his head in my office and asks,
"When we went to Zuckerberg, you said you were thinking about grad school, are you still thinking about it?"
"eh...uh...(I am in the middle of a phone call and hotel negotiation-they are on hold)...uh, can I talk to you later?"
"It's a simple yes or no question"
"eh...uh... can I come talk to you later and give you the update?"
"Well, what's the update?"
Totally flustered a this point because my boss is listening to the whole conversation.
Mark smiles, laughs, and finally leaves.

Through the wall, my boss comments
"Wow, it's hard when you are asked tough questions in front of your boss."
Wow is right. Holy Cow. Totally caught off guard. The cat was let out of the bag and my hands were totally tied-well, my tongue was totally tied. I have only been thinking about grad school, so I haven't brought it up to my boss at all at this point. Well... thanks for blowing that out of the water.

Monday I signed up for the Hobble Creek Half-Marathon with Bonnie, Adam, and Joe! Wahoo! This was one of my New Year's goals, to run a half-marathon. This week I am making a training schedule. Can't wait. Okay, I can.
Monday after work, Bonnie and I went for a run along the canal. Beautiful run, except the most uncomfortable run of my life. About 3/4 mile in, I suddenly need to go to the bathroom, the kind that I would NEED toilet paper for. It was urgent and uncomfortable, talk about pelvic floor strengthening. Oh boy, it was funny to laugh about with Bonnie, but only for 5 seconds, then it just hurt and all I could do was keep running. We made it back to the car and after driving for a couple minutes, the sensation subsided and I was just fine.

Anyway...a little TMI, but I will want to look back at my blog and remember priceless moments like this.

Monday night I went to a late night Yoga class that absolutely burned my muscles off my bones. When I got home I went and started chatting with Bonnie on her bed in a dark room, we recapped the day and just kept chatting. She graciously instructed me on sex 101-505. It was more comfortable in the dark so she couldn't see how often I blushed. Thank you Bonnie.
Afterwards, we were both hungry for a snack. mmmm... crackers with cottage cheese. Whent he cottage cheese was gone, we ate almost a whole block of cream cheese (with crackers and salsa)...oopsy. It was delish, especially at 12:30 am.

Tuesday evening after work I went to the Mexican Market and bought some Horchata mix in preparation for our "Quatro de Mayo" powerstand at workie the next day. Then I met up with my dear friend Raven Alard at Magleby's for dinner. We had their steak smothered in mushroom sauce and their chicken pesto pasta, mmm... and their breadsticks....mmm...
We waddled out of there and drove around to continue our fantastic conversation. She is a girl after my own heart, very confident, doing amazing things with her life, and loving all of it. Except she has an extra spicy bite to her that I just love! It's the edge of confidence in the face of not knowing what to do that I am working on acquiring and that I admire so much in my friends that already have it-like Raven. What a gem! It was a great evening, and she translated the Horchata instructions for me since I don't ablo espanol.

Wednesday I pulled out my yellow dress and prepared eagerly for our Powerstand meeting. I mixed up the Horchata and set out the Jarritos and Chipotle did the rest. It was a fantastic Fiesta! My boss also presented the vision and mission of the company which was awesome. I love where I work and who I work with. It is a tremendous blessing to love going to work each day.

I work with people like Shan, the kind with style just oozing out of their ears. This is me channeling Shan... we showed up and found we both got the memo for white blazers and black skinnies. I just need some rockin' red pumps to finish it off.
Cinco de Mayo, I pulled out my black Spanish scarf with fringe and wore it over my black skinnies with my red lacey pumps, it was rockin! I got a "Whoa!" and then all the heads turned. Thursday, the Operations Team was born, so they threw a baby shower in honor of the birth. Here is the Operations Team-the coolest team ever!


See what I mean?! This is them at their best.


Bonnie.

They even had someone bring them a gift from their registry. We had nerf gun wars the rest of the day. Pretty great.


Also on Thursday, Dave Litchford came and gave his "Attitude Determines Altitude" presentation during lunch. Oh My! I forgot how hilarious he is. He was a total smash hit!




Friday was the most glorious day at work. Wow, I found a fantastic groove and was incredibly productive. MMM...Yeah!


Friday night, Body Logic performed at the Riverwoods in the gazebo. We found out the night before that it was cobblestone that we were dancing on, so we picked some other dances and revised them to accommodate. Wea re putting in our time dancing on 'crappy' stages. The whole experience was... an experience, fun because of the spontaneity aspect and great to dance outside. Kari Jo was sick for the last run of the concert (we did it 3 times), so I did my solo, impromptu. Thank you for muscle memory because my brain was in serious freak out mode. I got through it confidently and gracefully and it was fun besides.










We celebrated afterwards at Happy Sumo! Talked about our next show and made plans.


Friday night, KaLee (Bonnie's bestie in Idaho) and her friend Tiffany were in town, so we chatted and hung out with them til way past my bedtime, I was fightin' to stay awake.


Saturday we went to Kneaders for breakfast, cinnamon french toast, can't beat it.


After we said our good-byes I headed to Tunex, my home away from home it feels like. I have been here more Saturdays than not in the last few months and each time it costs me $150-$250. Not happy. This time it was going to be $600 repair-the last piece to fix on the exhaust system. Thank goodness it was not urgent, so I can prepare for this. I left in frustration and drove straight to the Subaru dealership to see about trading in my car. I drove a brand new Subaru Forrester and then an Outback.


Surprisingly, as I sat in the seat in the middle of luxury-it didn't even matter. It doesn't matter what kind of car I drive, and it's certainly not worth being tied to the amount of debt I would acquire owning this piece of fancy metal and parts.


I left and called my voice of reason, Carlton, my personal financial advisor. He calmed me down and pointed out that $600 now that will buy me a couple more years in my current car is much better than thousands of debt.


Yes. I agreed.


After I cooled off and realized that I was okay, I headed over to choreograph a 3rd grade dance festival piece to "The Monkees" theme song with Allie in my ward.


Funnest time ever and if Blogger would let me upload it, I would be so happy.


Sunday I went and checked out another singles ward. First time ever 'ward hopping', still not a fan. But for the sake of increasing the amount of people to meet, it worked. I ran in to Braun Edwards, an elementary--jr high--high school mate. Fun to see him and that he has turned out really well-no romantic interest. Thank you.


Sunday afternoon I crashed for a much needed nap, then went to wish my mother the best on her Mother's Day.


My sister Christina was there with her baby Jonathan Charles-first Mother's Day as a mother-so precsh. And baby JC is so cute-looks just like his daddy.


He loves his Aunt Mere.


Maiden, Mother, and Matriarch


And this is Bob, finishing up the potatoes on Sunday evening. The best thing in the world, makes me smile everytime.



1 comment:

Rosey said...

You're the funniest...
First GREAT ensomb! White blaze with the skinnies!
Second... TMI on the running and sex ed stories but still great.
Third, cars are like cell phones you can't live with them you can't live without them but they are necessary so worth the investment. PS on that one, thank heavens we have Carl, the voice of reason to make everything alright again.
Forth, I should probably be with you next time you think about getting sushi from Happy Sumo! (their Apex roll? delish.)
Fifth, I love you Mere!