Monday, September 29, 2008

Final Day

August 17, 2008
My last full day in Beijing and I am grateful it was Sunday. This morning I woke up to the uncomfotableness of my sticky sweat. The kind that is just past breaking before fully dripping, the yucky kind. So after I cooked eggs for breakfast I refreshed in a cool bath.
I checked my email right before church and read an email my sister Margaret sent me. It wasn't anything in particular or any new news, just reading her words unleashed the emotions and tears flooded my eyes. I felt a combination of excitement, relief, exhaustion, and gratitude.
After church I took my time getting home, soaking in the final details of this moment. I watched the kids playing outside the apartment complex and just said thank you.Tonight Curt, Mand and I played Guillotine and snacked on homemade trailmix -(Mand's specialty).

No comments: