Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pretty regular life

Wow, the last 2 weeks have been packed full so I will do my best to summarize briefly. This entry is about the week of August 16-23.
Last, last sunday I went to my dear friend Ian's "Otter Pop farewell party" and met the most darling girls. Ian is off to Stanford this fall and had a get together with friends and otter pops for the refreshment...mmmm... otter pops...perfect treat for blogging...mmm...I think grape, the new found favorite flavor!
At this party I met Ian's girlfriend Julia, stellar, and her roommate Chel, equally as fantastic. We hit it right off and had the most stimulating, refreshing time together.
That night I shared my 'link' insight at ward prayer from my sunday school preparation.
Monday we moved all the stuff from downstairs to the upstairs and cleaned up in preparation for Curt and Mand to move in that night. We now had 11 people sharing 4 bedrooms in addition to all the stuff that was just piled everywhere, needless to say, I felt a litle squished.
Tuesday I spent the day with the Halls while Heather went to education week. I went with Jeremy to pick up his motorcycle at the shop and got to drive their truck home, pretty fun! That night I went up to teach ballet classesat a studio in Centerville. The girls were DARLING! They said thank you after I gave them the combination, not quite ballet etiquette, but too sweet of a gesture to reprimand. These girls worked hard, smiled, paid attention, they were great. I interviewed with the owner of the studio after the classes and we ended up chatting for an hour. She had 100 questions that she selected from and I found that our teaching philosophies and everything lined up, so I was so excited when she emailed me two days later offering me the job to teach tuesday nights. The only thing... the drive.
That night I went and stayed over at Marg and Nate's. We chatted and Nate showed me his Guatemala pictures and the PIP pictures, until about 1:30 in the morning.
Wednesday I ran errands for Rachel, the girl I visit teach, and then taught some ballet classes at Dance Showcase that afternoon.
Saturday morning I went to the Halls to watch Taylor while the rest of the crew went to cheer Heather on at the finish line for her half marathon, have I mentioned how inspiring this woman is? incredible.
Saturday night I went to Lexie Anderson's bridal shower up in Sandy at this beautiful home in a gated community. I had to report where I was going, the reason, and my last name, to get through the guard house. So before I exited, I drove around with my mouth open looking at all the gorgeous homes up there.
The shower was great, I made a broom lady and got a little nighty goodie for Lexie and it was so good to see her. Her best friend who threw the shower greeted me at the front door. She had multiple piercings on her ears, tongue, and nose, so I hesitated as I asked if I was at the right place. Come to find out, she is a very tasteful, refined, talented, smart woman. Qualities that I usually don't associate with people with piercings and tatoos, so it was something for me to take a look at and empty out some judgement I have stored.
Staurday night Curt came up to play Barnyard with Rose, Dad, and me. Mom was sewing on the other end of the table making her motherly comments every now and then. I lost miserably and forgot how much of Curtis's life is about strategy!
We all stayed up way too late on Saturday night and then rose early for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication at 9 am. Everyone was dozing during the program and a bit crabby in the morning, but we made it. Beautiful service.

No comments: