Sunday, August 30, 2009

An Interview a day, keeps the...peace away?

I had an interview everyday this week and learned ALOT!
Monday's was a group interview for a receptionist position with a marketing company in American Fork. I had fun in the group interview and would enjoy working for a quality company like them, however, it doesn't make me want to do flips and happy dances.
Tuesday I taught ballet classes to the younger girls at Dance Showcase as an audition class to teach there Tuesday nights. Now I got to decide where to commit to for Tuesdays, Centerville or PG. My friend Tiffany Gurney, who I danced with years ago is teaching there and leading the ballet program. So we chatted and found that our goals for the girls and teaching philosophies are very similar. And the drive.. is only 20 minutes away. So I decided to take the job down here and feel good and excited.
Wednesday I interviewed for an Alumni Relations administrative position at UVU. Great interview. I felt like some of my answers were a little canned and I drited into pageant mode. So I am working on and learning how to be myself and speak from my heart in the moment and balance the planning ahead and thinking about answers to possible questions beforehand. It is a work in progress.
Wednesday night I started my institute class with Brother Bartholomew, it is church history from 1845-present. I am president of the class and it was very nostalgic to be back in that place. It was like picking up where I had left off, institute and leadership responsibilities, but with 5 more of the most transforming years of my life under my belt. interesting.
I was talking to my dear friend Kareena after class and had a breakdown, just wishing that my life would settle down. It was the breaking point of my patience and trust and I think I got to the point I have wanted to get to: total surrender. I drove home in tears silently offering up my life to Heavenly Father in utter humility and surrender. I am willing to go and do whatever HE asks. Thy will, not mine be done was the offering I willing laid before Him. Gratitude immediately rushed in and I knew that this was all part of the beautiful process of my life!
Thursday I interviewed with a large dental office in Lehi for a call center position. It was a 'working' interview. So I got to sit behind the desk with a headset on and observe the girls doing the job I would do. Beautiful office, super great customer service, but all that kept coming to me was... "I have more to give than this". I could do the job and be the most cheerful insurance rep, but I just wouldn't be satisfied in this job.
Friday I interviewed for a nanny position in Seattle, why not, right? While I was interviewing the coordinator girl told me about another family in LA that is looking for a nanny. The LA family sounded more like a good fit than the one in Seattle, but we will see how it pans out.
Saturday was my CHILL OUT day. I went to the temple, prepared my sunday school lesson, took a nap, and just cleared out the stress of the week. I don't sleep as soundly at night with Phil moaning and groaning next door and Mei snoring on the bunk above me.
Saturday night I tended Taylor while the Halls went to their ward summer party. We had a great time. We watched a movie for a bit while I ran on the tredmill, then we had dinner and got in the hot tub. It's a rough job, I tell ya! Taylor was so happy all night!
I went home and finished preparing my lesson and went on a midnight run for toilet paper, we were completely out! I got a chance to talk with Mom on the ride and found out that her first week up in Ogden was hard, but good.
Today was a very heavy duty calling kind of day. I taught sunday school on D&C 131-132 about the Sealing power and marriage covenant. It went great, I asked Aunt Karen to share a few thoughts on the difference that being married in the temple has made in her life and she was fabulous. Many people commented on their appreciation of my lesson and her thoughts. This is what I learned in terms of teaching and teaching with the spirit: I just get to be clear, to allow the inspiration to flow. I noticed that my time spent just clearing out the stress, tiredness, and anxiety of the week through rest and meditation was the most effective in my preparation because the spirit and revelation could have room to flow though my vessel because it was clear. So I am creating clarity once again in my life on a regular basis! My new motto: Clarity is key!
We had a combined EQ and RS and witness the change in our EQ presidency. I have secretly wished to be able to sit in on one of these occasions. Our stake president came and explained the process, then called and set apart the new president. The high council rep set apart he first counselor and the new EQ pres set apart his new secretary. Then testimony mania from newly called and released brethren. It was really awesome!
After church I did some VT interviews to meet the new sisters and talk about VT, then gathered some VT reports, then I was home taught, then visit taught, so I am well taken care of.
I came home and just chilled, been chilling ever since. Except for I have one more streak of productivity in me, hence the blog. It feels good to go through the mental checklist to find everything for the month checked off... for two days until a new one begins. Ah, life is good, isn't it!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Good luck with the continual job hunt, sis! love you!

Jill said...

Good luck with all the job interviews and the results that follow. Gracious but you're talented!