Sunday, August 16, 2009

Taylor...the latte boy

This week the Hall's vere vacationing in California, so I got to take care of Taylor, their oldest son. We had a great time and did all his favorite things: walking, being outside, hot tubbing, swimming, taking long luxurious baths, and eating ice cream just about every night, it's a rough job I tell ya!
I also have been massageing his back muscles and noticed that they have evened out. The muscles to the right of his spine were full of knots and visibly tighter than his left side, so last Sunday I had my sister Andrea take a look and give me ideas of what I could do massage-wise. She showed me some strokes and areas to massage and Taylor has been a good sport to let me lotion him up and get the knots out.
Wednesday morning I took Taylor up with me to meet Erica as a second interview for a job teaching a ballet and pointe class. I found out later that they went with another applicant. Darn, it would have been a lot of fun. Wednesday I also got a call from the Dance Showcase studio to sub some ballet classes, the same classes I taught last week. I decided to take it and called a neighbor to watch Taylor. The first class worked hard and were really focused. The second class was totally if not completely bored, so I am learning if that is in response to a class that is too basic or too advanced.
This week I also worked on my vision board in the down time or when Taylor was sleeping. I took my huge corkboard and made a huge collage out of magazine pictures and words about the 'Vision of my life'. It was really fun to do and I got to really ponder on what it is that I envision creating with my life. The summary:

Health and Wellness
Marriage, Home, and Family
Grad School, PhD, publish a book
Financial wisdom and abundance: learning to love budgeting
Publish a book, the title: Trees and Roots
Be in a Broadway play
Take voice and piano lessons
and I don't know if I have hung my pageant shoes up yet or not...

But above all, as I was using my Indirect spatial awareness in viewing my life and taking it all in, a scripture boldly called out:
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you"

Pondering on this scripture felt like peace to the thundering storm. Finally something made sense and I could move forward in confidence.
I was reminded to yield to the flow of life and allow these things to BE. My tendency is to get anxious, like I am somehow behind in life because everything is not yet fulfilled. But the truth is that I am walking hand in hand with God and all is well.

After the Halls got home Saturday evening I went to do baptisms for the dead at the Timpanogos Temple to kind of seal the study I had been doing for my lesson on Sunday. In my lesson preparation I discovered my new favorite scripture in D&C 128:18

"...It is sufficient to know, in this case, that the earth will be smitten with a bcurse unless there is a welding clink of some kind or other between the fathers and the dchildren, upon some subject or other—and behold what is that subject? It is the ebaptism for the dead. For we without them cannot be made perfect; neither can they without us be made perfect. Neither can they nor we be made perfect without those who have died in the gospel also; for it is necessary in the ushering in of the dispensation of the ffulness of times, which dispensation is now beginning to usher in, that a whole and complete and perfect union, and welding together of dispensations, and keys, and powers, and glories should take place, and be revealed from the days of Adam even to the present time. And not only this, but those things which never have been revealed from the gfoundation of the world, but have been kept hid from the wise and prudent, shall be revealed unto hbabes and sucklings in this, the dispensation of the fulness of times.

The idea of a welding link fascinated me because part of my role in my family is to serve as a link, so this is just another layer of the purpose and divine timing of my life.
My dream is to catch the Spirit of Elijah so much that I fall in LOVE with genealogy work. I am working up to that, so any glimmer of that dream coming true is like finding buried treasure.
There was a big group at the temple, so I got to read my favorite passage in John 15 about the True Vine and connect all the ideas swimming around in my mind and heart from my study this week.
It's interesting about this phase of my life, where everything is up in the air, it is hard for me to be present in the moment. My mind is always racing into the future and everywhere I am not, with new ideas of what to do with the money I will someday have or the names of my children. Seriously.
After the temple I indulged in one of my favorite things on this planet: a pedicure. Mmmm....a dark plum color with white flowers, so darling and my open toed shoes I wore to church today showed them off brilliantly! I love being a girl!
Afterwards I took myself out to Costa Vida for a late dinner and headed home feeling refreshed, pampered and ready for anything.
I have been mulling over this daycare job that I have been interviewing for that is up in Salt Lake with only 10 hours and less than desirable pay, 3 strikes. Saturday night I felt prompted to just let it go, so I wrote the lady an email and sent it off.
Today, Sunday, began our new church schedule and meeting house. We are back at the Talmage Building on BYU campus with 10am start. That is where we met before moving to the new church building on 800s, so it is nostalgic to sit in classroom desks and chairs again for Sunday School. Speaking of Sunday School, I was all pumped up to give my lesson only to find that the Bishopric was taking care of teaching the classes. I secretly was relieved since I felt like I bombed my last lesson, but I was really excited about this one. So much so that I was venting to my Relief Society President and counselor after church and they indulged me in hearing the mini version of my lesson with props and all.
And, a super blast from the past flowed through the door today at church. My friend Kareena Sorenson that I served in institute leadership with during my first few years at UVU is moving into my ward next week and came to check it all out. It was a thrill to see her and remember how inspiring she is.
So, more job hunt this week. I am actually really excited about it because I found a lot of fantastic office jobs on Craig's List that looked appetizing!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Wow, when you blog, you blog! So nice to know where you are in life and that you are taking it moment by moment, day by day. Good luck with the job hunt!