Sunday, September 27, 2009

First full day of all the fun!!

Friday James was the first one down for breakfast and his hair about killed me, all slicked.

I did Kate's hair in two buns that she was very excited about. And I know how to do buns because I am a ballerina kate said. I am grateful all of that hair training proved useful :).



The rest of the day was a low key day except Brinn was feeling too good, so she stayed home for the day and hung out with me and Bryson. We read stories and basically watched Bryson run around and be Bryson until he crashed for a nap and we followed. I got up to pick the kids up from school and enjoyed driving around the small town. Friday night we watched Singin' in the Rain and fixed supreme ice cream sundaes. But before we indulged, we did... I mean... I did hair cuts for the boys. My first time, no big deal! James reminded me that he wanted #4 on top and #2 on the sides. Rach left a 'whatever' for Bryson, so when I asked him he said "I will tell you, I want a 2 1/2". ANd McKay was so good, he coached me every cut of the way and I finally took a breath when he declared "yeah, that feels pretty good." Phew! The last picture is what I looked like and the one before it is how I felt!














2 comments:

rachel said...

Mere,
We had a good laugh over the haircuts. Thank you so much for doing the above and beyond the call of duty. I see happy faces on those kids and I know I truly have you to thank... as impossible a task as that is. Thank you, thank you. And thanks for the blog post... I love them!! Take care and we'll see you soon. Hugs and kisses to all my munchkins.
Rach

Jules said...

I'm so impressed with your hair cutting abilities, Mere...hidden talents are blossoming! :)