Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Great Auntie Relay: Prosser, WA

There is so much to catch up on and it will be posted...someday. However, I am in Washington for the week playing mother of 5 and upkeeping my status as a "cool aunt" for Joe and Rachel's kids: McKay (14), Brinnley (12), James (8), Kate (6), and Superman (3). Joe and Rach are in Germany visiting with her extended family and checking off another thing on their 'something we've always wanted to do' list. But enough gabbing, I am confident their parents are eager to see pictures and hear how our week has been so far. Rosey was here last week for the first leg of the trip and we overlapped for 2 hours to pass the baton and review the "Book of Knowledge and any other unwritten wisdom Rose found helpful. Our hysterical reunion in the airport turned some heads and only contributed to the laughter.
So Thursday, Rachels good friend Jill and Brinn came and picked me up from the airport. We drove home by way of the 'morning school route' which was very helpful as Rose hypothesized my biggest challenge was going to be navigating the morning school dropoff.When we got home, Brinn gave me the grand tour of their new house and we had a quiet pizza dinner with McKay before Kate and Bryson were dropped off. The news from Bryson was that "McKay has a new I-ball touch". Sunny was the mom who brought them home. Her son Herky is Bryson's best friend. That's right, his name is really Herky, short for Hercules, his brother named him. His real name is Easton. And their younger sister Elle goes by Herbie... so funny!
Thursday night was just regular routine: scripture and prayers and bedtime. Brinnley painted my nails and Kate pretended to file hers so she could legitimately stay up. Brinn painted my nails purple and then wrote dance words like "Plie, Ballet, Dance, jazz,and Modern" on top. She even drew a ballerina on my thumb. She's a Pro with those nail pens!






No comments: