Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011!!

HELLO 2011!
This is very much a NEW YEAR for me.
New Room, New Roommate, New Ward, New Resolves, New Organization Skills, New Me!
I Just moved to a condo in Pleasant Grove 343 S 1000 W #104,
so this year for New Year's,
I learned how to paint a room.
(with the master painter: my new roommate, Bonnie).
And I learned that painting is not rocket science! :)
It was actually really fun!
The colors: Mushroom Bisque with a Mixed Berry Jam wall-it turned out Gorgeous!
Here is before, well, after priming edges and taping:


A damp washcloth was my best friend for the edges. Shoot, good thing I don't do this for a living.
I forgot to take an after picture of the paint job, but my room isn't put together,
so I will post more pics later.
Bonnie and I painted all day New Year's Eve, so at midnight, we crashed on the couch, watched the NY Times Square ball drop and wished each other a "Happy New Year... I'm Tired!" Starting off the New Year with freshly painted walls, mmm feels good!

So New Year's Day I moved in to my new room! And, HELLO need to ORGANIZE!
Organization has been something I have been feeling passionate about lately, out of necessity with my job at One on One because of the massive amounts of information to keep track of and lack of a system to manage it all.
They didn't teach me how to organize office supplies, take care of fire extinguisher inspections, remodel a commercial building or find out who cooks eggs in bulk for 150, in college. But they did teach me how to creatively solve problems and ask masters who have figured it out.
So, my quest for 2011 is to ORGANIZE and SIMPLIFY my life.
And I happen to be rooming with the Master of Organization (she asked for a filing cabinet for Christmas when she was 12). Needless to say, I am and gleaning fabulous and effective ways to organize and store my stuff for easy reference/use.
Here is our handy work. This is my closet...now

I feel good about it.

I am still putting the rest of my room together, more pictures to come.

Now for my New Year's Resolutions...
A couple years ago I decided to do away with unreachable goals and unreasonable expectations and decided to pick 1 word to focus on, amplify, embody, and learn about. This has been great for me because it is 1 thing to remember instead of 40, AND I find new connections and different ways that this word shows up in my life-it's super fascinating and makes for a memorable year.

So the 2011 word(s)
ORGANIZED SIMPLICITY
or
SIMPLIFY

Everything this year will be focused on simplifying, paring down, getting rid of the extras. Here is my meaningful objective for 2011 (I know, I read it in a book and decided to try it)

In 2011, I am committed to Organized Simplicity to facilitate:
Physical Health and Wellness
Spiritual Growth
Balance
Financial Stability
Career Development
and Miracles on a daily basis
To accomplish this, I am committed to paring down my life to include only the essentials needed for my journey Home to God.

Onward and Upward, this is going to be a FANTASTIC year!
Hello 2011!

3 comments:

Rosey said...

LOVE IT!! Organize, simplify... totally 2011! You can do it! And I think you should add... come and visit your California sister at least once a month... alright I'll settle for every other month. :)
Love the new room, love the paint color, love your closet, love YOU!

Christina said...

You can do it, sis! Organization is super fun and immensely gratifying! (Just got through filing the stack of papers I've been remembering and adding to with dismay for the past 6 months.) You are totally on track with the purpose of goal setting--it should liberate you, not overwhelm you. Love you! (I am, however going to be bitter if you make it to San Diego 6 times this year but not to Salt Lake. I have plans to set up my jelly bed in a spare room....) :)

Jules said...

Well, HELLO to YOU! Lovely post! Go get 'em, Mere! Love the new you...and the old new, which makes up the new you, improving the old you...I just love all of you! :)