Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shifting to Creator Mode and little bit about my week

What to blog about this week...
How did I simplify this week?
I had some monumental chats with my boss this week about this topic of simplifying... in order to facilitate accomplishing what's most important. Even in a business context, or maybe especially in a business context, it is imperative to simplify and organize in order to move forward in the chosen direction for success. Especially right now, businesses can't afford to take detours that may or may not work out.
Same thing in my life.
A deeply passionate feeling to beeline the path and not take fluffy detours has rooted so strongly in me this year. That's because it is the year of the 4. A 'nose to the grindstone' year. The energy of this year supports organization, expasion of resources, and is a foundational year that will determine furture years to come.
No wonder organization has resonated for me this year!
Ha! I am just in tune. :)
So, back to these monumental conversations with my boss. Wow. He gave me an article to read that was essentially about deciding what's most important, preserving it and moving forward with the intention of accomplishing it. aka Organize, Prioritize, and SIMPLIFY.
It was so cool to talk with him about it and share my thoughts and ideas about organizing and simplifying. Bonnie and I were talking about this today. The time I have spent at 1on1 so far has been an inflow of information and experience, I have been a sponge soaking up all this new information. And this year I feel that I will shift into more of an outflow, where I offer my insights about the situation of how to plan something or how to organize a project. I am still learning and taking in, but I feel it will be more balanced with the giving and outflow. This is exciting to me because I feel that I will be more confident in sharing my wisdom and insight and actually 'doing my job' to assist my boss to lead and grow the company.
The other thing I was thinking about this week in terms of organizing and simplifying is how important it is to set systems of organization in place in order to free up time, energy and resources to spend CREATING. Having systems in place that work allow me to shift into creator mode where life is not just happening to me, but I am creating it.
It's a much better way to live and it's where I prefer to live.
I am creating this transition at work as I am setting up systems to handle things. Things like travel, birthdays, insurance/benefits, email, calendaring, etc. It is so cool to have a clear email inbox and know where to go to reference an email when I need it. Thank you Outlook!
Anyway, I have noticed that as I have set up my systems, it has freed up a bunch of time to be able to respond to important requests from my boss. Again, it feels good to be doing my job and feel organized about it.
Okay, this post has gone on long enough. I talked with my beautiful Rose tonight, who was sitting in 80 degree weather in gorgeous San Diego (sigh). wish I was there. Anyway, we talked a little about travel plans... Hawaii in Oct... for Rose's b-day...hmmm... The point is, things like this get me so excited, but I do get to check in with my simplifying goal and see if it works with that or not. Traveling with Rose...doing anything with Rose is a weak point of mine, because if I had it my way, I would travel and hang out with her all the time at the expense of other things. Obviously I am still learning about simplifying, but at least I am conscious what I am still working on.
That's enough philosophy from Mere tonight. More wisdom and insight to come.
I just want to say how grateful I am for my life and what I am learning right now. It's a dream.
Oh! I got to share about my date this week. I went out with Joe who was in my last ward. I haven't made my blog private yet, so I pray that he doesn't stumble across it on accident. Fingers crossed.
We went to Olive Garden and had a nice dinner for our date. I asked him and I told him I had a gift card for Olive Garden that I needed to use. Shoot. His response: "Olive Garden is the best place on this planet."
Perfect. Pick you up at 6:45?
Yes.
Great.
I was chided at work that I was picking him up, so I called him last minute and told him that Bonnie and I had just picked up our table and chairs, so my car was out of commission for tonight. (2 passengers could still fit because the stuff was in the back, but he didn't need to know that :))
Sure, he would pick me up.
Perfect, thanks!
The date was fun and I would love to include some of our conversation. To simplify :) I will just list some of the questions we asked throughout the date:
If you found a genie today, what would your 2nd wish be?
What childhood item, if any, would you still like to have today? (his answer: a fort, a legit fort)
All expenses paid, where would you travel to?
What would you write a book about?
Fun, easy, great conversation.
Here is what I learned from this date about the man I am looking for.
Again to simplify, I will give you the bottom line. I am looking for someone who thinks big. Big in terms of ideas, ambitions, money :), traveling, living around the globe, serving, creativity, etc.
Interesting. Another piece of the puzzle. The picture of my eternal man.:)

No comments: