Sunday, March 20, 2011

BABIES!

So here are the pics of baby Sid, Deepthi and Chola's baby. I work with Deepthi at One on One, and she is an only child, so I naturally stepped up as Sid's favorite aunt-someone's got to do it. :)
He is so cute!
So much hair!!
a little screaming Sid
Swathi and baby Sid. I work with Swathi-she's great.
Auntie Mere and baby Sid. Deepthi (the mommy) on the side.
Bonnie and baby Sid.
Did I ever post this picture? I don't think so. This is from a "Red Carpet" event that we did at work for Powerstand one week. Bonnie was announcing the new website, so she got a red carpet, balloons and ours d' ouvres (donuts). As we announced people involved with the project, they walked the red carpet. It was super fun! Bonnie and I both rocked our outfits that day, so we walked the red carpet and took a pic. So glad she convinced me to pull out my white blazer.
Totallly Brill!
Thursday I went to pick up Kim for her birthday date with me and I met Max-the newest addition to our family. Yes, number 20. And he is cute. Very energetic, like a typical 8 yr old, and very sweet. I pulled out my camera and asked him to come take a picture with me and he ran away-teasingly. So I followed him all over the house and he finally agreed, like a typical brother reluctant to snuggle up with his sister in front of the camera, it was pretty funny.
I got season tickets to the Hale this year and Hairspray was playing. It is my sister Kim's all-time favorite show, so I decided to take her for her birthday. We went to Zupas for dinner. Everyone was staring at us, I forgot what that felt like, but I was okay with it. I remember being really embarrassed when I was younger, but I am grateful for a broader perspective that makes it easy to allow people to stare without me getting uncomfortable or impatient to leave.
So here we are enjoying Hairspray-the show was FANTASTIC!!
Okay, note the cute boy behind me. HA. Funny story. I noticed him waiting in his car before the doors were open and we were waiting as well. He was chauffeuring 2 older ladies, he wasn't wearing a wedding ring, and he was cute. Hmm...
We go in and I forget about it because I probably won't see him again.
Oh wait.
His seat is right behind ours.
Hmmm... how am I going to start up a conversation with him to find out if he is available or not?
At the end of intermission based on my keen stalking abilities, I gathered that he was from out of town, here to see his girlfriend perform in the play and that he was here with her mother and fan club.
Okay, but I still got to know. What am I going to say?
Got it.
Mere: "Hey excuse me, what's your name?"
Cute boy: "Cory"
Mere: "Oh. You look like someone I know."
Cute boy: "Who? Brad Pitt?"
Oh, he's funny too.
Mere: "umm... yeah, actually yes. So do you know someone in the play?"
Mother: "yes, my daughter Tami."
Mere: "ohhhhhh. Well tell her she did a great job tonight!"
shoot. he's taken. Oh well. It was fun to put it out there.
So Friday morning I got a text message saying that Jonathan Charles Little has arrived that morning at 7:58 am.
I gasped and almost fell off my ball.
Hooray! My sister Christina's first baby! She's a mother!
My boss was out Friday afternoon, so I took a long lunch and headed up to see baby JC! and the mother of course :)
He is cute.


Friday night I had a time management issue. I planned to tend Ellis and Hugh while Curt and Mand went out. We decided that I would be there at 6 pm. I was running late from finishing up work and then I stopped for a sandwich and didn't get there til 6:20. Bad news. Curt and Mand were good about it, but time management is one of my weaknesses, so when it flares up, it irritates me. Shoot. I am working on it. Thankfully I live with Bonnie, who is an expert on time management and coaches me. Very often. And encourages me to simplify :).
So anyway, I hung out with Ellis and Hugh on Friday night and it was SO fun. Some good quality time with those two CRAZY hoodlums. They actually weren't TOO crazy, mostly just hilarious!
I wanted to get a picture with Elle and her two front teeth missing, here are the attempts to get the pic. :)

My Hugh-be-doo.

Doesn't get much better than this.
We read scriptures and Fantastic Mr. Fox, it was so fun. While we were reading scriptures, Ellis would interject bits of her testimony. Here are a few insights from Elle :)
"And everything is about Christ. Whether you like it or not. Or can see it or not."
(Talking about sharing talents) "It's like if I had an egg, Amanda had a frying pan, and Hugh had some milk. They aren't useful by themselves, but when they get together, they make....
Scrambled Eggs!..."
Yes. That's exactly it Elle! Love her.
Saturday was Christina's baby shower...minus Christina. She was still in the hospital. Obviously Jonathan didn't get the memo to wait 1 more day. Totally fine.
It was good. Good to see friends and family.
Best thing... So my brother David was there and totally waltzed across the room and started up a conversation with 2 random people, like extended family on Sean's side. He is maturing in his social skills and it is so fun to see.
After the shower, I transferred the texture boards from One on One to Margaret and then we went to Chipotle for dinner.
I forgot how good Chipotle is! We had them catering some of our corporate lunches and then they "changed their rates", so we haven't had them back since then and my team members are begging them to come back.
Pretty sure I called them Monday and they are coming next week...
Not only was the food great, but I love hanging out with Marg and Nate, and Maya, and Dave.
Maya was totally in to drinking her milk with this straw, so cute.
And here is me and Dave.
Oh hello tired Mere....
Saturday night, first night without the Halls. Weird.
So I stopped at whole foods for some Agave Nectar and some Kale (I am starting my raw eating adventure with green smoothies in the morning and I just need a little more sweet.)
Then I lit a bunch of candles and had a long luxurious bubble bath. mmm... pretty sure I fell asleep in the tub. So nice.

No comments: