Sunday, March 6, 2011

kind of a monumental week

I put my room together this week! So nice to have closure. Here is my fabulous bed with my headboard and bedskirt put on-first bedskirt of my life-so happy! And I put my bed on the diagonal in my room. Oh yes, and those are my fabulous curtains in the back. And my hope chest at the foot of my bed since my mattress doesn't quite line up with my box-love my gel-ly bed.
Bonnie hung these fabulous shelves
I rearranged my cubicles shelves to be 'aesthetically pleasing' as well as functional. AND I found white totes! Happiness. I found 1 at Wal-mart a while back and went to 10 other Wal-marts to find additional ones with no luck. I called around, looked online, but all they had were beige, blue and purple. I was about to give up and settle for the beige ones, I went in to exchange my 1 precious white tote when a fabulous customer service guy searched and found 5 white totes at the Sandy Wal-Mart. I was SO happy.
These photos don't do it justice, you will just have to come see it in person.
Oh yeah, and that's my fabulous berry wall in the background.
Tuesday night I went to the temple and afterwards I went over and talked with Heather and Jeremy and told them it was time to be done babysitting. After 6 years of tending on Saturday nights, occasional weekends, and extended trips, it was time to be done. Heather and Jeremy were great about it, so it was easy to talk with them. It was a sweet conversation, very appreciative on both sides and I felt really good about it. We decided Saturday as the last day.
Wednesday for powerstand I did a whole green spread for St. Pat's Day. I was a bit nervous about how it was going to turn out, but it rocked. Here is what I did:
Green bread: Great Harvest
mini tarts, key lime and cream with kiwis: Kneaders
green grapes and green apples
activia yogurt (green packaging) and granola: Costco
limeade and Odwalla green drink
Saturday was regular dance rehearsal, we were at a freezing cold studio in Payson-the things we do to dance. Then I went to Halls for the last time. It was just Taylor and me, so we vegged with a movie, relaxed in the hot tub, cleaned up and had enchiladas for dinner. Great last night with the Halls. I have so appreciated being their babysitter for so long. 6 years.
After finishing at the Halls, I went to get a case for my new phone-an iphone. It's fun, but how do I use the dang thing? Still getting used to it. But I do love it and thanks to my boss who gave it to me. While I was at the counter I get a call from... my date that stood my up on Friday...
Okay so, I was stood up for a date on Friday. We were going to go the Flash game and he ended up going skiing all day with some guys from Google. Got back late, couldn't get my number and thought that it was more of a group hangout rather than a date. I called and left a message, but didn't hear from him at all Friday.
Saturday he calls and apologizes profusely. I decided to stand my ground and accept the apology but let him know that it was not okay that he stood me up. It was weird, I am usually don't do that, but he knew that it was not okay and I agreed.
But I was kind of bugged afterwards and called him back to let him know I appreciated the call and realize he did his best and I didn't communicate or plan the date very well. I just left another message.
Then I put it out of my mind and moved on to planning for Sunday with the fam since my parents are in Baltimore this weekend picking up a new brother. I get home and pack up my stuff and I am just exhausted. The kind of exhaustion that just paralyzes me and I couldn't even think of what I needed to do or get motivated to move.
After the paralyzation subsided, I looked at my phone on my way out the door and saw 2 missed calls from him. What? His message said to call him back. I did and he was on his way to see me. He thought I lived in Cambria, a complex close to mine. Anyway, I directed him to my place as I am rushing to put on some makeup to look somewhat presentable and he shows up with these...
Are you kidding me? I know, totally gorge. This completely makes up for the confusion the night before.
The flowers were accompanied with a note on the back of a picture of Fesenko-it was the only paper he had, Ha! So cute.
He stayed and we chatted for a while. He is pretty great.

After he left, I went over and slept at the folks'. I went with my family to stake conference since my parents were in Baltimore this weekend and it was great. We had a pancake breakfast and got there 20 minutes early-I know! And everyone behaved relatively well. Bobby only hit me once, but Joy did bite me. :)
After stake conference I went to my ward where I was sustained as a VT supervisor. New ward and it was good. Totally exhausted, so I was surviving today.
Bonnie and I had Sunday dinner together after breaking our fasts and it felt really good to just chill out and decompress. I feel really drained, wrung out completely. It's time to recharge.

3 comments:

Mark/Melissa said...

Hi friend!!! I am so glad I found your blog. It made my day!

Rosey said...

Mere pretty sure you're the greatest thing that has ever happen to me!
LOVE the new room! Love the wall, the shelves, the totes, and hello that zebra pillow? Totally great. Love you girl!

Jules said...

What a week! LOVE your room, good job on saying goodbye to the Halls, and that guy seems like a thoughtful one. Funny how flowers and a note can erase the buggies. Love you!