Sunday, June 19, 2011

Seussical Thank You and a Dread Party...what?!

Friday night before I went over for Pete's ordination, Joe Pa and his girls Rebecca and Amanda came by to thank me for the tickets to "Suessical the Musical" at the Hale Center Theater that I gave to them, they had gone to see it the night before. Oh my, these girls are the most darling things ever! They brought me the greatest thank you notes, complete with pictures expressing their love for "Dr. Suce".

Dear Meredith,


Sucdicul the masicl was awesome.


They sang a bunch of songs.


I loved it. (picture of Cat in the Hat's hat)


Love, Rebecca


(Other side in all different colors)
Thanks


Thanks


Thanks


Thanks


Thanks


Thanks


Thanks
I Love Dr. Suce!

p.s. Did you get the program?


Dear Meredith

I Love Dr. Seuss


Thank you for inviting me to the play. (Big Heart)


(other side)


Picture of Horton sitting on Mazy's egg and holding the bud with the Who's on it in the storm.


Love it so much! Thanks Joe Pa and Shauntell for raising such brilliant girls!




After the visit and thank you hugs, I went over for Peter's ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood in preparation for his mission to Bangalore, India-so excited!! It was awesome! Pete shared his testimony, Dad shared his thoughts on ordaining and giving the blessing, Stu piped in about some mission experiences when he used the priesthood, and Mom and I chimed in with our 2 cents. The main thought that was brought up was that the priesthood is used for service, we cannot lay our hands on our own head, they are to be used to bless others.


Afterward I took Pete and Stu out to Kneaders, undivided attention and time with my brothers over good good food, doesn't get better than that. It is one of Stu's favorite places, so I really had to talk him arm into coming, spending time with me was the biggest draw. :)

After a yummy dinner, I went to my friend Eve's "Dread Party", she is putting dreads in her hair. I know, right? I put in 5 or 6 dreads during the hour that I was there. Super involved process and not as unsanitary or repulsive as I imagined.

This is what visiting teaching is all about right? responding to whatever needs they have, even back combing small groups of hair for an hour on Friday evening. Definitely a "Dear Diary" or as in this case, on the blog.
I did these 6 dreads...in the hour that I was there.



Don't really know what's going on back there...



She is committed for a whole year of dreads.

No comments: