Sunday, June 12, 2011

The things money can and cannot buy...

This week I felt the pendulum swing baaaaack and foooooooorrrrrth
Monday I felt like my life was falling apart, like I didn't have anything together, then by Wednesday and after this weekend, I feel like I put most of it back together. Weird.

My goals this week were to complete at least these 3 things after work each day:
Read Scriptures
Exercise
Going to bed early
I was 2 for 3 every day, some combination of the above.

Monday night I surprised Andrea Rose for her birthday, I took her a balloon and some cake bites that I made. Her kids LOVED the balloon and she loved the cake bites.
It was SO good to see her. She just moved back from Madison, WI and started back at UVU to finish her dance degree. She is one of the dearest persons on this planet-totally one of my kindred spirits.

Tuesday I had lunch with Brother Bartholomew, finally. We have both cancelled on each other before, but we made it happen. It was great to catch up with him, fill him in on my life, and get his perspective on online dating... he is totally a fan. So by the end of the conversation I was open to giving it a go. More to come on that for sure.

Wednesday I scheduled a life coach session with Joe Pa (his dream is to be a part time life coach), he is a fantastic communicator, great friend, and knows me really well. We had a good chat and I am currently working on outlining everything on my plate-doing and not doing-and then will prioritize and start to build a routine to make sure I am doing the things I need to do to take care of myself, which is what has been missing recently (hence the meltdown on Monday).

Friday I surprised Mom and snatched her away for some 1on1 time. We met up at Ellis Rasmussen's funeral viewing, (wow, what a legacy) and we went to a few of the Parade of Homes and ooh and ahhed about everything. On our way home we saw that the Orem Summerfest festivities were still going on, so we stopped for a gourmet quesadilla at Paco's, JC's booth at the fair! So fun to see him in action, meet the 5-6 ft grill and see the whole show. Fantastic quesadilla's, good job JC!

Saturday I committed to 7 miles in training for the half-marathon and I made it... with lots of walking inbetween.
After that I spent the rest of the day cleaning, doing laundry, and catching up. It was SO nice! Some serious Mere time and it was great!
Saturday night I went with Mom to Lisa Flanagan's wedding. I know! She is old enough to get married...We watched her grow up around the corner and she has turned out beautiful and great. Her wedding was totally vintage style with the decor, her ruffly dress and bird cage veil... it was at Somewhere Inn Time, totally great.
Then Mom and I sped up to catch the Bath and Body Works sale and caught another Parade of Homes home on the way back. $1,000,000,000 and totally Cape Cod, east coast, vintage style. Old fashioned bathtub, mosaic tiling, dusty 40's colors and furniture and a fantastic sewing room. Very cool. Mom loved it.
The things money can buy...

1 comment:

Jules said...

Busy girl! Your week was opposite of mine--I had a great Monday, and it was all downhill from there...nice to know there is opposition in all things, eh? Love you!