Sunday, June 19, 2011

This hair thing...

So this fantastic girl that I work with, Heidi, only washes her hair every 2 weeks. And there is a group of women in her home town that only wash their hair once a month.
What?! How is this possible?
They actually train their hair to not produce oil...it's obviously a process, but they did it, so they don't need to wash their hair and it keeps their hairs healthy.
When their hair starts to get oily, they comb it a million times with a bristle brush, put it in a sumo bun on top of their hair with the ends tucked in, and in the morning their hair is not oily anymore. The oils somehow recirculate and...don't really know, but kind of cool.
SO I decided to try it.
I went almost a whole week without washing it and for a few days, I woke up and my hair was significantly less oily than the night before when brushing... pretty cool.
More to come on this.